Acceptance Notification Deadline: August 1, 2013
Author Registration Deadline: August 19, 2013
Final Paper Submission Deadline: August 19, 2013
There are 4 basic steps to submitting your papers
1. Paper Preparation: Prepare the paper content. A Copyright form must be submitted with the draft paper.
2. Author Registration: Register a "lead author" with EDAS at http://www.edas.info
3. Change Password: Credentials in EDAS
4. Paper Submission: Submit paper at http://edas.info/N14725. This is a unique site with EDAS that is for the ASEE Midwest Section 2013 Conference.
- Provide paper title (and content of abstract, if applicable)
- Select topic for which your paper corresponds (if your topic is not available, choose Other)
- Add primary author name - click on paper number link
Prepare your paper according to the formatting directions found in the authors' kit. A Copyright form must be submitted with the draft paper. Papers will be peer reviewed and included in the proceedings archive. The proceedings will be available on CD-ROM.
The deadline for full draft paper submission is July 19, 2013.
Step 2: Author Registration
Each lead author must visit the EDAS website and establish and account with the username and password. The lead author then logs into the EDAS system to actually submit the paper via the following steps:
Visit www.edas.info and click the New User button. Create your profile. Only the five fields with the red asterisk are required. These fields are first and last name, affiliation (company or organization), country, email address, and status. When the fields are filled in, check the Privacy Policies box and click the Add Person button.
[note: if you select USA as the country, you will get a message asking for your state] You will receive an email containing your password. Your email address and the given password must later be used to access the system during the following steps, so be careful to remember it.
Step 3: Change Password Credentials
You can then return to the EDAS login page (www.edas.info) and change your assigned password to one that is easier to remember. To do this, click on the My Profile tab, and then click on change your password. Be sure to record your username, password and ID number for later reference.
Step 4: Paper Submission
Please login at http://edas.info/N14725 and submit your paper via the following steps:
Type in the title of the paper in the block (and enter your abstract in the appropriate field, if applicable). Then select the topic area(s) your paper falls under (if your topic is not listed, select Other) Click the Submit button. You should see a large green check mark and a statement that the paper was registered. Add primary paper author and then click on the paper number link.
Problems in preparing and submitting your full paper? Further Information?
For papers information contact:
Thomas Mertz, Technical Program Chair, email@example.com 785-826-2602
For poster information contact:
Julia Morse, Poster Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org 785-826-2650
For conference information contact:
Les Kinsler, 2013 Conference General Chair,email@example.com 785-826-2671
CALL FOR PAPERS
[Download CFP PDF]
Engineering educators in the ASEE Midwest Section and other ASEE sections are encouraged to prepare a paper for this regional conference on one or more of the following general topics:
The conference solicits a wide scope of topics related to engineering education. Some of the topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting STEM Education, Projects, and Enrollment
- Novel Classroom Practices
- Innovative Curricula
- Leadership and Project Management
- Minority and Gender Issues in Engineering
- Continuing Professional Development, Lifelong Learning, Library Practices
- Industry Relations
- Nanotechnology, Biomedical, and Other Emerging Engineering Education Programs
- Educational Aspects of Energy Issues, Economics, and Environmental Sustainability
- Global Engineering
- Student Recruitment and Retention
- K-12 Outreach Programs
- Communication and Ethics in Engineering Education
- eLearning/Blended Courses
- Integration of Diversity in Projects and Classrooms