Kansas State University Salina is seeking an Academic Advisor to join our team. This is a 12-month, full-time position that reports directly to Academic and Career Advising Coordinator.
This position is responsible for academic advising for K-State majors. The individual will assist students with understanding college policies, programs of study, and degree options available to them. This position also evaluates transcripts, conducts degree audits, tracks students at risk, and provides intentional intervention to ensure students’ academic success. The individual assists with the instruction of University Experience classes, development and implementation of first-year student experiences, and in the design and delivery of orientation sessions for in-coming freshman and transfer students.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in higher education
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven record of organizational skills
- Familiarity with educational technologies
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups of people
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines, be detail-oriented, and prioritize
- Excellent customer service skills
- Sensitive to issues of ethnicity, disability and diversity
- Adhere to strict confidentiality and other ethical standards
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Master’s degree in related field
- Two or more years experience advising students in a higher education environment
- Experience teaching undergraduate students
- Familiarity with iSIS, K-State Online
SALARY RANGE: $37,000 - $41,000 D.O.Q.
HOW TO APPLY: A complete application package will consist of a letter of application describing how their professional history qualifies them for this position, current resume, and contact information for 3 current professional references that are familiar with the professional experience and qualifications of the candidate. Complete application packages should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, please contact Alysia Starkey 785-826-2616.
Screening of applications begins November 4, 2013 and continues until the position is filled.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer. Kansas State University actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background check required.