Assistant or Associate Professor
FACULTY POSITION IN ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
The Department of Engineering Technology at Kansas State University, Salina Campus, is accepting applications for a tenure-track position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level in the area of Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET). The program is ETAC of ABET accredited and currently has approximately 45 students, 2 tenured faculty members, 1 adjunct faculty member, and 1 technician.
The successful candidate will be expected to: (1) educate undergraduate and graduate engineering technology students using a variety of means such as lecture, laboratory, distance learning, problem-based learning, etc.; (2) pursue scholarly interests through the acquisition of grants, private and public funding, and applied research activities; (3) assist with fund raising and develop workshops, seminars, on- and off-line courses that engage industries with academic activities; (4) advise and mentor student professional organizations; and (5) recruit, advise and retain students. The candidate will also be expected to possess an entrepreneurial mindset in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the Kansas State University 2025 Vision and Strategic Plan (http://www.k-state.edu/2025/).
Required qualification: The candidate will have a doctoral degree in the field of mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technology.
Preferred qualifications: The ideal candidate will satisfy the following preferred requirements:
- The candidate should also possess the ability to achieve registered or chartered professional status;
- The candidate will have industrial and/or national laboratory experience, professional practice, and be technologically current in order to support the field of instruction and a program of applied research.
- The candidate will have demonstrated competence in a broad mechanical curriculum with a focus on thermal and energy systems. Practical experience in the area of thermal and energy systems is essential, which will be used to develop high quality undergraduate laboratory experiences;
- The candidate will have a strong record of teamwork and the ability and willingness to teach other program areas, non-traditional areas, and be able to work in an interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary manner;
- The candidate will have higher education teaching and research experience, knowledge of working with creators of wealth and possess a substantial record of professional practice and development. Outreach activities in the community-at-large will be expected.
The overall qualifications of the candidate will be evaluated by considering the following attributes: educational experiences, diversity of background, engineering experiences (practice, technology and science), teaching experiences, ability to communicate in a variety of ways, enthusiasm and self-driven curiosity, level of scholarship, participation in professional societies, registrations and licenses, and scholarly activities.
Starting date: August 17, 2014.
Appointment: Nine-month academic year with rank of Assistant or Associate Professor.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000.
To apply: Send letter of application, curriculum vitae, and names and contact information of a minimum of three current professional references to: ET (Mechanical) Search Committee Coordinator (email@example.com). Informal inquiries regarding the position should be directed to the ET (Mechanical) Search Chairperson: Dr. Raju Dandu (firstname.lastname@example.org), Tel: 785 826 2629.
Screening of applications begins October 21, 2013 and continues until position is filled.
Kansas State University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Diversity Among its Employees.
An offer of employment will require a background check of the successful applicant.