K-State Salina invites applicants for an Events Coordinator position
- This position assist both internal and external clients, coordinate, plan and execute events in a variety of formats including professional conferences, seminars, formal dinners, trade shows, executive retreats, donor development, community events and other programs.
- Serves as the contact person for all external K-State Salina event clients and coordinates with the Offices of the CEO/Dean, Academic Departments, Communications and Marketing and Security to assist clients with event needs such as: meeting space, audio-visual equipment, catering, parking, etc.
- Works closely with communications and marketing as well as provides consultation to campus units who present at conferences, community meeting, etc.
- This position is responsible for guiding event planning processes from goal of event, planning, organization, to execution and follow-up.
- This position connects the community to events happening on campus and connects the campus faculty/staff/students to events in the community
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience in event/conference management and program development.
- Exceptional customer service skills, especially while working under a deadline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working independently with minimal supervision.
- Team player, capable of managing multiple projects requiring input from multiple sources, and ability to multitask on projects with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated integrity, dependability, sound judgment, teambuilding and resourcefulness to establish and maintain collaborative, positive and effective working relationships.
- Ability to address complex issues utilizing a clear, thoughtful manner and to come to resolutions quickly without jeopardizing the event or relationships with people involved.
- Expected to be able to perform and operate all the computer systems and software necessary to perform in the positions. Types of software included but are not limited to: Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Professional and event registration software.
- Experience preparing event budgets and agreements.
- Must be able to work with a diverse group of people.
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends for campus events.
- Must have a Driver’s License to commute to campus events.
- Ability to transport 30-50 pounds (event materials and set up).
PERFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Familiarity with a university setting
SALARY: $33,000-$38,000 Depending on Qualifications
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a letter of interest, a detailed resume listing qualifications and experience, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three current professional references who may be contacted. Applicants should fully describe their qualification and experience, with specific references to each for the minimum and preferred qualifications because this is the information on which the initial review of materials will be based.
Although this position will remain open until filled, review of candidates’ materials will begin immediately and best consideration will be gained for materials submitted prior to 06/26/2013.
Materials should be sent to:
Rachel Bouza, Residence Life
2310 Centennial Road
Salina, KS 67401
Kansas State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity among its employees.Background Check Required.