Graphic and Web Designer
THE UNIVERSITY: Kansas State University Salina invites applicants for the position of graphic and web designer. This position is responsible for K-State Salina's graphic design and website. This position is part of a team that is responsible for marketing and communications for the campus.
PROVIDE CREATE & ARTISTIC SUPPORT:
- Designs marketing materials such as letterhead, brochures, newsletters, magazines, etc.
- Creates digital or static advertisements
- Ensures branding standards are upheld
- Create photo/video/audio content for online or offline marketing
- Coordinates production; proofs type settings and printing for adherence to specifications and determines if quality of standards have been met
- Maintain and enhance existing site using pre-established standards and templates
- Regularly reviews and updates website
- Monitor web usage and produce analytics
- Executes web campaigns
- Responsible for online communications and HTML email campaigns
- Develop online interactive content to attract and engage prospective students
RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY:
- Plans design concepts from current design trends
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and how others are using them
Bachelor's degree required upon start date
1-3 years graphic experience
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Solid portfolio showcasing hands-on visual print and web design experience including submission of minimum of six (6) portfolio pieces (with 1 web, 1 print, and 1 video preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills are needed to work within a team environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage time effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Conceptualize projects from start to finish
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Basic understanding of current HTML specifications
- Familiarity with Web 2.0/ Emerging Technologies (HTML 5, jQuery, etc.)
- Expert knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite5 or higher
- Knowledge of proper use of typography, including font style, kerning, and leading.
- Ability to work from existing guidelines to match our brand
- Must be able to work with a diverse group of people
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends for campus events
- Experience in a Macintosh publishing environment.
- Provide an example of offering a client creative solution that met a marketing goal(s)
$35,000-$45,000 (based on qualifications and experience)
- Send cover letter addressing qualifications and skills as outlined in the required and preferred qualifications related to this position.
- Current resume including three current professional references (with name, address, phone number (cell number if appropriate) and email-address).
- Portfolio including a minimum of six (6) portfolio pieces [with one (1) web, one (1) print, and one (1) video preferred.] All pieces must be submitted electronically, either as pdf files or by providing a URL to online portfolio, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Please email all application materials to Marlene Walker, HR Manager at K-State Salina, at email@example.com. Please include GRAPHIC DESIGN in the subject line.
Screening of applicants will begin Friday, March 22th, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled.
Kansas State University actively seeks diversity among its employees and is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Background check is required.
Kelly Carrico, Search Chair
2310 Centennial, Salina, KS 67401