Aviation Maintenance Assistant / Associate Professor
K-State Salina is home to the College of Technology and Aviation and offers associate and bachelor’s degrees in the fields of professional pilot, aviation maintenance, unmanned aircraft systems, engineering technology, technology management, social work, family studies and human services, and personal financial planning, as well as a professional master of technology degree.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Kansas State University Salina invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track or tenured faculty in the field of Aviation Maintenancebeginning August 2013 or January 2014.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position would be six (6) hours of teaching per semester with a balance of program leadership duties. Candidates should be prepared to develop and teach undergraduate and possibly graduate level courses in his or her area of specialization and advise both graduate and undergraduate students as needed by the department. Scholarship/research in aviation maintenance or related field and service to the institution and their discipline are also expected. Candidates should have a commitment to work with a wide range of constituents and a diverse student population.
- Master’s degree (or completion within first semester of position acceptance)
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
- Five (5) years minimum technical experience in the aviation maintenance industry
- Two (2) years minimum successful teaching experience in higher education at the undergraduate level and scholarly achievement and/or potential that qualifies her or him for appointment as a tenure-track assistant professor or tenured associate professor.
- Earned Doctorate degree
- FAA previous Designed Mechanic Examiner experience
- FAA Designated Mechanic Examiner experience
- Five (5) or more years successful teaching experience in higher education
- Demonstrate ability to attract extramural funding
- Experience in distance education and/or integration of computer technology into instruction
- Experience with student learning outcomes, program review and assessment
- Experience in classroom research through the use of empirical methods
STARTING DATE: August, 2013 or January, 2014
SALARY: $60,000 - $75,000 Depending on QualificationsAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Interested individuals should electronically submit a letter of application, curriculum vita, teaching evaluations, brief statement describing research and teaching interests and evidence of scholarly achievement and/or potential, photocopy of graduate transcripts, and names with contact information of three professional references with knowledge of the applicant’s academic and career experience. All documents should be submitted electronically in PDF format.
APPLICATION MATERIALS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO:
Don Von Bergen, Ph.D.
Aviation Maintenance Search Committee Chair
Screening of applications begins June 17, 2013 and continues until the position is filled.
For more details on Kansas State University please visit the following websites:
Kansas State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees. In accordance with Kansas Board of Regents policy, the University is required to conduct a background check on the final candidate.