How to configure WPA2 on Windows 7
In order to connect to K-State Salina's secure wireless network with a Windows operating system you will need to install the SecureW2 supplicant. To do so:
- Download and run the SecureW2 Installer for Windows. (eID and password required
- Use the default options listed on the installation screens.
- After installation finishes you may need to restart your computer.
- Configure your wireless connection (see below)
Example 1: Configure Windows 7's wireless client
NOTE: These steps show how to use the SecureW2 client with the default Windows 7 wireless services. If you are using another Wireless control utility please consult your documentation as these steps may 'break' connections you have set up through that utility.
- Open the Network Connections window:
Start > Control Panel > Network & Internet > Network & Sharing CenterOR
Start > Control Panel > Network & Sharing Center
- Click on Manage wireless networks (then select Properties if you see that option)
- Then click Add
- Select "Manually create a network profile"
- Next fill out and change fields as follows and click Next
- In the next window click "Change connection settings"
- In the "k-state.wpa2 Wireless Network Properties" window select the Security tab.
- Under "Choose a network authentication method:" select SecureW2: Secure W2EAP-TTLS
- Then click Settings
- In the SecureW2 client window select "k-state.wpa" in the "Profile:" and then click
- Back at the k-state.wpa2 Wireless Network Properties window, click OK to save the settings
- Click on the network icon in your taskbar.
- Select the k-state.wpa2 network and click Connect
- Enter your eID and eID Password.
- Click OK