How to configure WPA2 on Windows 8
In order to connect to K-State Salina's secure wireless network with Windows 8, you'll need your eID and password. The steps to connect are listed below:
- From the desktop screen, click on the wireless icon in the system tray (lower-right
corner of the desktop)
- Click "k-state.wpa2", and click "Connect"
- You will receive a message that says Windows can't verify the server's identity.
You can click "Show certificate details" to view the server thumbprint. Verify that
the server thumbprint matches the number below and click "Connect"
SHA1 fingerprint/server thumbprint: DA 07 6C 38 B0 C9 91 DE F5 1C 39 E2 66 0C 88 AB A2 6D C4 D6
- Enter your k-state eID and eID password and click "OK"
- You may receive a second message that says Windows can't verify the server's identity. Again, verify the server thumbprint matches the number given in the steps above and click "Connect".