Dr. Fred Guzek
Associate Professor of Marketing
- Phone: 785-826-2648
- Email: email@example.com
- Professional Selling and Sales Management
- Management Concepts
- Introduction to Operations Management
- Self Motivation and Time Management
- International Business Experience/Study Abroad - France, Italy, Mexico
Areas of Specialization/Research
- Applying Business to Life as an Aid to Encouraging Students to Internalize a Language \
- The Role and Value of Marketing Communications in the U.S. Electric Utility Industry
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans
- Virtual Teams as an Instructional Tool
- Adding International Flair to the Undergraduate Experience
- Teaching SPIN® Through Practical Application
Dr. Fred Guzek holds a Ph.D. in Business Administration: Marketing, Strategic Management and Research Methods from University of Kansas, a Master of Public and Private Management: Marketing from Yale School of Management, and a B.S. in Earth Science from Lake Superior State University.
He spent the 2010-2011 school year teaching at Clermont Graduate School of Management in Clermont-Ferrand, France, where he had given presentations and led graduate-level seminars for several years. While there, he continued to teach classes for K-State Salina.
All of Guzek's courses are offered with dual delivery, connecting with students face-to-face and via Telenet. He uses personal response systems in classroom, a technology that students to participate in exams, reviews, and discussion by submitting responses on a hand-held remote device. He has developed international business classes that provide students opportunities to travel to Mexico, France and Italy, allowing students to gain international experience in an exciting and meaningful way.
He has been involved in many campus organizations and task forces since coming to K-State Salina.
He is actively engaged in the University Entrepreneurship Initiative and has served as co-advisor of the Students In Free Enterprise team. He is also president of the board of trustees of the Dover Community Foundation and is on the board of directors of the Shawnee County Fire District #4.
He was named the Rex McArthur Family Faculty Fellow in 2011.